Fall is such a busy time of year; festivals, pumpkin picking, hiking, and trick-or-treating. And when you’re just weeks away from welcoming your new little one, Fall is your last opportunity to get out and enjoy it before the snow flies. Here in Northeast Ohio, there are plenty of things to keep you busy and your mind off of waiting for baby.
- White House Chocolates – Located in Middlefield, this is a pregnant woman’s dream! Chocolate, fudge, caramel corn, and more. Stop by and sample their Fall flavors or pick up one of their chocolate caramel apples only available in October.
- Patterson Fruit Farm’s Fun Fest – Running through November 1st, Patterson’s Fruit Farm in Chesterland is perfect for families of all ages. There are horse drawn wagon rides, hay stacks and a tree house to play in, a 50ft slide, corn maze and of course, pumpkins.
- Hiking – Northeast Ohio is home to tons of parks and hiking trails. From easy to hard, there is something for every skill level and comfort zone. And it is the peak time of year for seeing all the beauty of Ohio’s Fall colors.
- Geauga Lyric Theater Guild – For something a little more low-key, The Theater Guild in Chardon is featuring The Addams Family through November 8th.
- Ghostly Events – There are numerous different haunted and ghostly adventures in the area. You might enjoy Punderson Haunted & History Tours. They have several other events going on through Fall including Amish Country Tours, overnight Halloween adventures, and craft shows.
- Local Coffee Shops – There are several coffee shops in our local area to stop by and fill up on yummy pastries and delicious drinks in all your favorite Fall flavors. We have Coffee Corners in Burton, Coco Beans Café, Ferroni’s Allegro Café & Bistro and Buckeye Chocolate Café in Middlefield.
- Fall Foliage Driving Tours – Fall in Northeast Ohio is beautiful with its rural farmlands and colorful trees. We love this time of year and truly enjoy watching the leaves turn to the beautiful orange, red, yellow and gold colors. It’s a great time to get outdoors and enjoy the beauty of nature. And one way to do that is to head out for a Fall Foliage Driving Tour.
- Ma & Pa’s Horse Drawn Hay Rides – Located in Burton, this unique (and cheap!) experience feature horse drawn hay rides, fresh apple cider, bakery goodies, pumpkin painting, and shopping.
- Trick-or-Treating – Of course, you can’t forget one of Fall’s biggest events, Halloween! Here’s a complete list of all your local trick-or-treating times.
Hang in there! Your baby will be here very soon. Relax and have some fun while you wait.